Ashford Borough Museum Society is seeking an Honorary Secretary:
- To ensure the smooth and efficient running of meetings, providing assistance and support to the Chair of the Committee and the Chair of the Trustees.
- To liaise with the chairs to plan and prepare the meetings and AGM with others as appropriate (planning dates, booking venues, sending out agendas, minutes and other papers.)
- To ensure that all meetings comply with the requirements of the governing document.
- Minute meetings or ensure another minute taker is available.
- Accurately record decisions and actions in the minutes
The Museum is undergoing a period of change, reviewing its volunteer roles, its strategy for displays and exhibitions, negotiating space to expand its operations as an interim measure and planning its longer term future and governance. To aid this the Trustees and Committee Chair would like a volunteer who can support Committee Meetings, Trustee Meetings, informal open volunteer/member meetings and the Society’s AGM.
Trustee meetings are held as required but typically at approximately two monthly intervals in the early evening. Committee Meetings have been held four times per year,during the afternoon. Recently started volunteer/meetings are being held monthly during the day, but the frequency may reduce as deemed appropriate.
Please message us if you are interested in this role.
Committee Meetings and Volunteer/Member meetings are held in an Ashford Town Centre Venue. It has become practice for Trustee Meeting to be held virtually. Other work can be carried out from home.
Administration, basic IT skills – internet & email, organising, planning, reading and writing
Some meetings are held virtually (usually using Zoom); basic experience of attending virtual meetings would be of benefit.
An interest in heritage and the history of Ashford, whilst not essential, will allow the successful candidate to have a more active interest in the role and to benefit from the development of the Museum.
The museum is going through a period of change, all volunteers will have the opportunity input into the changes being made. The role involves working with a team passionate about the Museum and the history and heritage of Ashford.