Become a Museum Steward
Stewards normally work in pairs either once or twice per month. The Museum is open from 11am until 2pm Tuesday to Saturday between April and late October.
If you can spare typically a day per month to help guide people around the Museum, meet and greet visitors and provide answers to queries then please contact the Curator for more information.
Other Voluntary Opportunities
Please contact the Curator for more information or if you have a particular skill you think we could benefit from.
Ashford Museum provides an important role within the community by promoting the town's fascinating past to local schools, community groups and vistors from across the world. It also is an important resource for researches and historians.
The Museum endeavours to provide a free facility for the display of its collections and is purely run by volunteer efforts. Donations both monetary and artefacts related to Ashford are gratefully received.
Monetary donations can now be made via Virgin Moneygiving
Become a Museum Member
Anyone can become a member of Ashford Borough Museum Society.
As part of your membership you can take part in our social activites and have a say in the running of the Museum. Members are kept informed of events and news via a twice yearly newsletter.
- Single Membership is £10.00
- Family Membership is £12.50
Membership runs for a Calendar year, from 1st January to 31st December.
How can I become a member?
- Payment by cheque: download and complete this New Member Form.
Send to the Museum with a cheque made payable to 'Ashford Borough Museum Society',
- Payment by card: Complete our online form to receive a link by which you can pay by credit or debit card using our card service provider, SumUp.
- Payment by card or Paypal: Go to our online giving page
- Donate at least £10.00 for individual membership or £12.50 for family and fill in your contact details and mark the ‘allow charity to contact me’ box.